We're You Arrested
for Drunk Driving?
DWI / DUI
"We Can Help"
| DWI Facts
In most Texas DWI cases, there are 3 pieces of evidence open to one
interpretation of the law, include breath test/chemical tests were the regulations followed?
What is the validity due to lack of
Texas Criminal Defense Trial Attorneys
Frequently Asked Questions in Texas DWI
|1. Will I be
able to get my case dismissed because I was not read my rights?
Probably not. But if you were interrogated after being placed in
custody, your statements can not be used against you.
2. Will I go to jail?
An experienced attorney may be able to keep you out.
3. I have three serious offenses within ten years, what will
The third DWI is most likely a felony and you could spend up to 10
years in prison and receive a $10,000.00 fine.
4. What is the effect of a second DWI conviction within five
years of a prior conviction on my drivers license?
Your drivers license can be suspended for one year without the
ability to get an occupational drivers license.
5. How many hours of alcohol classes will I have to take?
Plan on at least 24-48 hours of alcohol classes and any where from
48-80 or more hours of community service.
6. What will happen if I do not complete the classes or public
service ordered by the Court?
You will go to jail and if you do not complete the alcohol classes
and your license will be suspended.
7. I lost my Texas license. May I obtain a license in another
In most cases, no.
8. If I obtain an international driver's license, may I drive
in Texas, even though my Texas license is revoked?
9. Am I a bad person, because I was arrested for DWI?
No, but you are well advised never, never smell like alcohol while
behind the wheel.
10. What if I burped within twenty minutes of blowing?
The breath machine may have read alcohol from your stomach rather
than you lungs. The result may be incorrect. A similar problem
occurs with dentures.
|Stephen L. Hamilton, P.C.
Attorney At Law
802 Main Street
Lubbock, TX 79401
Phone (806) 794-0DWI
Fax (888) 595-5578
TOLL FREE 1-888-DWI-LUBBOCK
Payment Plans Available
Major Credit Cards Accepted
|Reproduction of any material on this site without written permission is strictly prohibited.
� Copyright 1997-2005 BLS 2012 Stephen L. Hamilton Attorney At Law. All Rights Reserved.